Saturday, July 16, 2011

I was stood up last night.. Would you take this situation personally?

This guy and I have been talking for a little over a week now and usually we go to his place to watch a movie and hang out. First off a little boring info: We met through my cousin who just started working with him. I'm 18 and he is 20. He moved here 2 years ago to work for this big company and he told me he has a 2 year old with his ex who lives 5 hours away. He also said that he tries visiting his daughter twice a month. I'm not exactly sure how long ago they broke up but when he mentioned him having a kid a red flag kind of went up because I'm trying to avoid all drama possible incase his ex has a problem with us and I know I'm way too young to be dealing with that situation especially since we just met. Anyway back to the problem.. He texted me last night that he'd get me at 12. So after taking a good while getting ready (shower, doing hair/makeup, finding nice but casual outfit) he texts me 10 minutes before 12 with this exact text, "Just gonna crash. Hope you're not too bummed". For one thing I was a little mad that I was all ready for nothing, secondly to me he kind of came off as a douche in the message. No apologies or anything. I just replied, "Nah". So today still no reply from him and I have a feeling he doesn't want to talk anymore so I haven't texted either. I'm sure I'm being too sensitive but I feel a little hurt and betrayed because I was really looking forward to see him. Am I over analyzing this or should I continue talking to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment