Monday, July 18, 2011

My 7 yr old has cradle cap?????????????

My kids had cradle cap until they were quite old...I know for a fact I was scraping it off my 13 year olds head only a year or two ago! It's hard to tell when you aren't really washing their hair anymore (between ages 6-8). For my oldest daughter, I used medicated dandruff shampoo (almost like a tar shampoo prescribed by her pediatrician) and it smelled awful! For my next two I used Paul Mitchell Baby Don't Cry shampoo. My sisters and niece are hairdressers and they suggested I try it. It did the trick. Wash your sons hair with the shampoo, scrubbing as you rinse. Then with a fine comb, literally scrape the scalp to get the dead skin off. Keep using the Paul Mitchell and keep combing and it should come under control. If that doesn't work after a week or two, ask your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment