Saturday, July 16, 2011

Someone wrote me a bad check, what do I do?

So long story short, I had a garage sale on 6/4 at my mother's house and sold a large shop fan to one of her neighbor's for $75.00. She asked if she could pay with a check and I said yes and jokingly said as long as it doesn't bounce. I took it to my bank on 6/10 and cashed it. Normally when I cash checks I take it to the persons bank to avoid this problem but she uses an odd bank and the closest one is like 20 miles away. Well lo and behold I find out today when I went online and looked at my statement that the check was returned. I called them, and got a hold of the husband and explained to him the check was no good. He says " oh we will make it right" and I explained that I would need him to bring the cash by today to the house. I have a feeling they are not going to do it, or at least not in timely manner. What should I do???

No comments:

Post a Comment